I remember when I was in my 30s and my kids were young, people would tell me how fast this would all go by. I didn’t realize it then- as my kids were sometimes driving me crazy- that these people were absolutely right! And then one day, you wake up and you’re in your 50s! How did that happen??
Life does fly by but the good news is we are all living longer. So for some, 50 could truly be the mid-life point. We are healthier and more active than past generations in their 50s and we LOOK fabulous (for the most part!)
So the best advice is to embrace this age..and do things that will keep you vital and feeling young. Here are some things I’ve found work for me:
- Change things up! -change in life is always a good thing!
- Read more, learn more.
- Less alcohol leads to less hot flashes! (not a fact, just something I noticed with me) That being said, a glass of wine is a must on certain days!
- Listen to music whenever you can-it’s good for the soul.
- Take walks-either with friends or by yourself. Being outside is always a good thing
- Schedule time with good friends to catch up-as your family commitments become fewer, spend more time with people you enjoy.
- Take care of your skin-serums, daily moisturizers with sunscreen, vitamins,-whatever works for you-do it.
- Pay it forward/volunteer/do more for others-always makes me feel good and it’s the right thing to do.
- “Athleisure wear”-comfortable and trendy. I wear it whenever I can!